Welcome to Port na Mine and ideal choice for your next long weekend or midweek break.
In the most idyllic setting is Port na Mine, a very special holiday home with breath-taking views of Loch Etive and Glencoe beyond. Sleeping twelve guests in six bedrooms with six bathrooms, this spacious home is beautifully situated for holidays with friends and family. A track from garden leads straight to the Loch shoreline where a stunning walk along the Loch awaits, as well as a boat jetty which is great for picnics in the sunshine. Behind the house is 30 acres of stunning landscape where ancient woodlands and rugged hills are waiting to be discovered.
Although Port na Mine boasts a secluded loch-side location many of Arygll’s popular destinations are easily accessible. Sharing the forestry track that leads is to Port na Mine is the well-known Inverawe Smokehouse and Shop which has also a café, visitor centre and many trails and walks through the park’s woods. The village of Taynuilt is just five miles away where local amenities include an excellent grocer, butchers, tea room and hotel with restaurant. The 9-hole Taynuilt Golf Club has wonderful views of Loch Etive while the Bonawe Iron Furnace is a popular local attraction. Slightly further afield is Oban which can be reached in approximately 30 minutes’ drive where there is a good range of shops, restaurants and ferries to the Hebrides.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twelve guests.
- Two super king bedrooms with en-suites and one double bedroom with en-suite.
- Three twin bedrooms, one with en-suite.
- Family bathroom and separate shower room.
- Wood effect electric fire.
- Spacious fully enclosed garden.
- Ample parking.
- Access road to this property for the last mile is via a rough forestry track.
- Children and infants welcome.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge).
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- Direct access to the Loch via a track through the garden (please see Notes).
- Two oven AGA, electric oven and multifunction microwave.
- Large fridge and fridge with large freezer compartment.
- Dishwasher and combined washer/dryer.
- Two televisions with Freeview and DVD player.
- Digital radio, IPod docking station and charger.
- Selection of board games in the sitting room.
- Ordnance survey maps.
- Highchair and cots available on request.
- Garden furniture.
- Fishing rods and mackerel lines available on request
- Guests with their own boats can use the track down to the Loch to launch from there.
Port na Mine's Photo Gallery
Key FeaturesImages are for illustration only
Book a short break
Port na Mine is available to book for a short break. So if you are tight on holiday time this could be the perfect option
Fishing on site or nearby
Keen on fishing? Port na Mine could be the perfect choice.
Wifi / Internet Access
Keep up to date with social media, emails etc with the internet access available.
Open Fire or Logburning Stove
Ideal for winter breaks! why not put your feet up and warm yourself in frot of a delightful open fire or log burning stove. Fell the stress disolve away!
Price: £ from £ 886.00This cottage Sleeps a maximum of 12 people
Port na Mine
Argyll and Bute
About Port na Mine
Cottage rental includes
In the most idyllic setting is Port na Mine, a very special holiday home with breath-taking views of Loch Etive and Glencoe beyond and its very own track from the garden down to the shoreline. Five miles from this tranquil location is Taynuilt while Oban is only 15 miles away.
- One Dog
- Some ground floor
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Enclosed Garden
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
Sleeps 12 persons | Bedrooms 6