Welcome to The Great Barn and ideal choice for your next long weekend or midweek break.
Taking advantage of its original design as a Bank Barn, The Great Barn nestles perfectly into the landscape. Its split level layout makes the most of its secluded position, while the extensive use of glass walls helps bring the stunning outdoor scenery in. Whether you access The Great Barn by road, water or air the scenery is stunning whatever the season. With the majestic landscape as the backdrop, relax on The Great Barn’s patios and enjoy the great outdoors.
This 17th century converted barn has leapt into the 21st century with true flair and sophistication, providing outstanding quality and luxury. Set within 26 acres of private grounds with half a mile of lake shoreline, The Great Barn enjoys uninterrupted panoramic lake views across Ullswater to the Lakeland Fells beyond. Ullswater is one of many wonderful places in the Lake District which offers visitors an experience that will be truly memorable. It is a place that is relatively untouched by tourism, a place that offers a complete escape from our daily lives and a place that is so easy to get to. Ullswater itself is surrounded by stunning Lakeland fells, ideal for walking.
The Great Barn offers a truly magnificent setting whatever the occasion. The interior design is inspiring, incorporating the latest state of the art technology, so whether you are celebrating a happy event, searching for the perfect setting for an intimate wedding or just spending time with your favourite people, this is a sophisticated and luxurious property designed to make you want to return time and time again.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps six guests.
- Three double bedrooms, all en-suite (no baths).
- Half a mile of lake frontage and 26 acres of private estate grounds.
- Boathouse with private jetty
- Panoramic views of lake and mountains.
- On-site parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome.
- Additional concierge services available on request including: arrival by helicopter or yacht; country pursuits; wellness & cosmetic treatments; private butler service; chauffeur services; in-house cuisine; classic car hire; sailing school; private flying lessons; and child’s concierge & babysitting.
- A damage deposit of £1000.00 will be requested one week before arrival, full details will be provided along with the directions.
- Minimum 3 night weekend stay, 4 night mid-week stay or 7 night week long stay.
- Mood lighting, integrated music system and iPad control.
- Lake Room sitting room and minstrel’s gallery are large enough to accommodate parties and functions (must be organised with owner in advance).
- Utility room with coat/boot drying space.
- Television with Sky Movies & Sky Sports in the Lake Room.
- Travel cot and highchair available on request.
- Dog beds available on request.
- Security gate entry system.
- Lake view terraced gardens with seating.
- Outdoor gas barbecue.
- Visit England 5 Star Gold Award (top 3 in England).
The Great Barn's Photo Gallery
Key FeaturesImages are for illustration only
Book a short break
The Great Barn is available to book for a short break. So if you are tight on holiday time this could be the perfect option
Fishing on site or nearby
Keen on fishing? The Great Barn could be the perfect choice.
Wifi / Internet Access
Keep up to date with social media, emails etc with the internet access available.
Price: £ from £ 2644.00This cottage Sleeps a maximum of 6 people
The Great Barn
About The Great Barn
Cottage rental includes
The Great Barn exudes five star luxury and overlooks the serene waters of Ullswater in the Lake District National Park. This 17th century converted barn has leapt into the 21st century with true flair and sophistication, providing outstanding quality for guests.
- One Dog
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- On Site Parking
- Children Welcome
Sleeps 6 persons | Bedrooms 3