Welcome to The Old Rectory and Coach House and ideal choice for your next long weekend or midweek break.
The Old Rectory and the Coach House are self catering holiday cottages which stand in their own parkland next to the church surrounded by open countryside, a mile from North Tuddenham in Norfolk. The original rectory dated from the 16th century and the poet William Cowper stayed here when he first came to Norfolk. It was replaced in 1852 by Rev Barry, younger brother of the architect of the Houses of Parliament, who designed it himself. The holiday home has been refurbished to provide a luxury self catering venue for family gatherings. It is easily accessed from the A47, half a mile away.
The Old Rectory is set in idyllic surroundings with grounds covering 12.5 acres. There are large areas of lawn interspersed with mature shrubs and trees. The grounds also include a west facing terrace, ideal for summer barbecues, a pond (this has been fenced making it childproof), and a children's football area with two goals. The Old Rectory is an ideal outdoor holiday break with its own wood: a pathway marked by an avenue of yew trees which leads to clearings planted with bluebells, foxgloves and primroses and ideal picnic spots.
This holiday at a glance
- Sleeps twenty guests.
- Seven bedrooms, one en-suite shower room, one family bathroom, one shower room and en-suite bathroom in The Old Rectory.
- Three bedrooms, one shower and one bathroom in The Coach House.
- Open fires.
- Lovely, lawned garden.
- Ample onsite parking.
- Up to two well behaved dogs welcome (small additional charge per dog).
- Please note the seventh bedroom is accessed via a separate steep staircase from the utility room.
- Minimum of a three night stay.
- The Old Rectory - original shutters and stripped wooden floors, large mullioned window and sweeping staircase in hall.
- Double range cooker, microwave, two fridges/freezers, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer.
- TV, video, DVD and CD player. Payphone. 2 Travel cots, 2 highchairs and stairgate available on request.
- Private water supply.
- Garden furniture and gas barbecue.
- The Coach House - Oak floors, underfloor heating, additional dishwasher.
- TV, CD player.
- Games room with table tennis.
- Use of an all weather tennis court in the grounds.
- Extra children's guest beds available (at extra cost of £23.50 each).
- Sorry, no stag or hen parties.
The Old Rectory and Coach House's Photo Gallery
Key FeaturesImages are for illustration only
Near a Pub
The Old Rectory and Coach House is close to a pub, perfect for a relaxing drink in the evening
Book a short break
The Old Rectory and Coach House is available to book for a short break. So if you are tight on holiday time this could be the perfect option
Golf course nearby
Keen golfer? there is a golf course nearby.
Fishing on site or nearby
Keen on fishing? The Old Rectory and Coach House could be the perfect choice.
Wifi / Internet Access
Keep up to date with social media, emails etc with the internet access available.
The Old Rectory and Coach House has a games room. Perfect for families and couples ailke for any rainy days.
Open Fire or Logburning Stove
Ideal for winter breaks! why not put your feet up and warm yourself in frot of a delightful open fire or log burning stove. Fell the stress disolve away!
Price: £ from £ 2342.00This cottage Sleeps a maximum of 20 people
The Old Rectory and Coach House
About The Old Rectory and Coach House
Cottage rental includes
The Old Rectory stands in its own parkland near North Tuddenham. The poet William Cowper stayed in the original rectory, but the present building dates from 1852. With the Coach House next door, it accommodates up to 20 guests.
- One Dog
- Two Dogs
- Baby Welcome
- Dog Friendly
- Log Burner/Open Fire
- On Site Parking
- Pub Nearby
- Children Welcome
- Games Room
- Tennis Court
Sleeps 20 persons | Bedrooms 10